Newstalgia Motors Presents Car No. 00170:
1960 Austin-Healy Bugeye Sprite
This Sprite has found a new home!
However, we'd be happy to locate another one just for you.
- Exterior: Unrestored, original, matching numbers and rust-free
except for a quarter-sized hole in the passenger side bonnet wing (see photos).
Very straight and solid body panels that are painted Hot Rod Black catalyzed primer
finish in preparation for final finish paint. Car was stored from 1973 to 2007 in
a climate controlled facility.
- Interior: Interior is all original except for the upgrade of later
model gauges. All instruments, switches, etc. are in properly working order.
- Driveline: The engine was built by Bearing Service Auto Machine
Shop in Portland, Oregon; bored .40 over, high performance forged pistons, polished
rods, balanced and blueprinted, C5 cam, Cloyes timing gears, 1098 cc cylinder head,
H2 carbs, Mini Cooper distributor, NEW electric fuel pump and gas tank, headers,
NEW external oil cooler, NEW generator, voltage regulator and battery – changed
over to Negative ground. NEW front disc brakes, NEW rear brakes, NEW clutch and
clutch master cylinder. Ribbed transmission case.
Suspension is completely set up for Autocross Racing!
Have original manuals.
- Wheels & Tires: American Mags on Cobra Radial GT 205/60/13
tires. Original wheels and tires are included with the car.
Extras: Many extra parts are available at additional cost to include:
- 948 cc complete longblock.
- 1275 cc motor complete with carbs, flywheel, clutch assembly, etc. – Needs rebuild.
- Complete rear end assembly with 4.88 gearset.
- ORIGINAL and in very good condition Hardtop.
Additional images available upon request.
Back to Archive